Stairlifts Grants for Jersey
Few people know that you can get grants to help you with (and often cover) the cost of a stairlift. We understand that applying for a grant can be stressful, which is why we’ve laid out some information to help you work out your options.
One thing you should bear in mind is that most grants need to be approved before you start work.
If you want more information about the grants that may be available to you, you should contact your local authority, but we’ve laid out some basic information below. It might be exactly what you’re looking for.
For general advice about stairlift costs, view our guide to stairlift prices.
Housing adaptations for people with disabilities
The Housing Adaptations for People with Disabilities grant could be a viable option for you if you meet the following criteria:
- You should be permanently disabled.
- You should be a permanent resident of Jersey.
- Adaptations must be at your only or main residence.
- The proposed adaptations must be supported by an occupational therapists.
- The adaptations must enable you to remain at home to fulfil normal life roles and take responsibility for yourself.
- Work on your home is not restricted by its age, heritage value or the excessive costs involved.
- Professional advice must be obtained regarding costs and appropriate adaptations.
If you meet all the criteria, you’re then assessed by an occupational therapist. In order to qualify for financial aid, you’ll also be means tested unless you receive (or have recently applied for) Income Support, in which case the Department will assess you on the basis of that information.
You may be offered a partial rather than a full grant in which case you would have to contribute towards the cost of the adaptation.
If you think you’re eligible for a grant, contact The Occupational Therapists:
Community OT Offices
St Helier, JE2 3LP